IRON MONKEY was beaten to life in the year of your Lord, One Thousand Nine Hundred and Ninety Four, at the location of Nottingham, England.
The original members were named: J.P.. Morrow, J. Rushby, S. Watson, D. Dalziel, J. Greaves.
Influences were primarily Eyehategod, Buzzov’en, Floor, Grief and various hard-corepunks and heavy-metals.
IRON MONKEY shit out 6 disgusting tracks of raw sludge-core that were released on the Union Mill label then later on Earache Records.
During this period S. Watson was thrown out for being transgressive and replaced by God’s lonely man Dean Berry.
Nineteen Ninety Eight saw the release of the album Our Problem, also on Earache Records, a masterpiece of negative rock that instigated peace on earth and goodwill to all men.
This was succeeded by a split release on Man’s Ruin Records with Church of Misery from Japan.
J. Rushby soon abdicated and the band found a replacement in the manner of S. O’hara of Acrimony.
IRON MONKEY was destroyed sometime in nineteen ninety nine.
Vocal terror J. P. Morrow died of a heart attack in June of Two Thousand and Two. Rest in noise.
The band reformed for no reason in the winter of Two Thousand and Sixteen with original members J. Rushby and S. Watson, with the addition of current Chaos UK drummer Brigga, forming the shape of an inverted black triangle of vitriol and phase two of operations.
IRON MONKEY do not care about your scene, bands or opinions… ELECTROCUTION, DOOM, OMEGA OMEGA OMEGA.
J. Rushby Two Thousand and Seventeen.
- Relapse Records Podcast #52 – October 2017 Ft. MATT HARVEY (EXHUMED) The Relapse Records Podcast returns just in time for the Halloween season with our special guest Matt Harvey of EXHUMED. Matt discusses the band’s new album Death Revenge, writing the band’s first concept album, horror movies and more. Also on the podcast we spin new and upcoming Relapse tracks from MYRKUR, IRON MONKEY, PRIMITIVE MAN, HAEMORRHAGE, S U R V I V E, DEATH and ...
- IRON MONKEY Share New Visualizer Video For “Crown Of Electrodes” Cult UK doom/sludge outfit IRON MONKEY has shared the official visualizer video for “Crown of Electrodes”, the first track off 9-13, first new full-length in almost two decades. Watch the video via YouTube below. Additionally, watch IRON MONKEY’s previously released music video for “9-13” via YouTube HERE. 9-13 is set for release on October 20th on CD/LP/Digital ...
- Relapse Launch 2017 Sampler; Partner With Rock To The Future To Donate Proceeds Relapse is proud to partner with Rock to the Future to offer our annual label sampler highlighting another year of incredible music from their eclectic roster, featuring the best dark and heavy music from around the globe. Ranging from death metal, black metal, doom, sludge, and grindcore to hard rock, electronic, synth, industrial, experimental, prog, and more, the ...
- IRON MONKEY Share New Music Video For “9-13” Via Decibel Magazine Cult UK doom/sludge outfit IRON MONKEY has shared the official video for “9-13”, the title track of their first new full-length in almost two decades. Watch the Jack Atherton directed video now via Decibel Magazine HERE. Additionally, listen to IRON MONKEY’s previously released song “OmegaMangler” via YouTube HERE. 9-13 is set for release on October 20th on CD/LP/Digital via Relapse Records. ...
- IRON MONKEY Announce New Album 9-13; Premiere New Song “OmegaMangler” Photo Credit: Ralph Barklam Cult UK doom/sludge outfit IRON MONKEY return with 9-13, their first new full-length in almost two decades. After disbanding in 1999 due to the death of their original singer J.P. Morrow, the group has reformed for phase two of their mission. Recorded in their hometown of Nottingham in Spring 2017 A.D. with producer Johnny A. ...