Ever since their inception in 2005, Portland’s RED FANG have strived to write heavy, catchy music underlaid with subtle complexities. Founded by David Sullivan, Maurice Bryan Giles, Aaron Beam, and John Sherman, the band had a distinctive and fully-formed sound right from the start: a mix of compelling songwriting and hard-rocking euphoria that speaks to the headbanger, the hesher, and the music student alike. The band’s two-pronged vocal attack and knack for finding the sharpest hooks made sure that the music world caught on right away. Within just one year of RED FANG‘s first show, they were opening for genre stalwarts Big Business and The Melvins, and soon began appearing at festivals including FYF, Fun Fun Fun Fest, Sasquatch Fest, and more.
After the release of their self-titled debut (Sargent House, 2009), RED FANG signed to independent label Relapse Records for the release of their 2011 full-length Murder the Mountains, which hit #25 on the US Top Heatseekers chart and received widespread critical acclaim. RED FANG followed that record up with a slew of dates worldwide, and two years later, released Whales and Leeches, which put the band on the US Billboard charts (at #66) for the first time and garnered praise from outlets ranging from Spin and Revolver to Stereogum and Alternative Press. The success of Whales and Leeches even led to a live appearance on Late Show with David Letterman in January 2014.
Additionally, RED FANG have gained renown for their inventive comedic music videos directed by Whitey MConnaughy, several of which have become viral hits. The band’s videos have received more than 10,000,000 views in total. RED FANG have more than made a name for themselves on the live circuit as well. Over the years, they’ve toured with prominent artists such as Mastodon, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Helmet, In Flames, Opeth, and Crowbar, and have appeared at major festivals including Hellfest, Rockstar Mayhem Fest, Wacken, Roadburn, and many others. In their travels, RED FANG have performed across the globe, from North America and South America to Europe, Russia, and Australia.
Now, after three years of vigorously touring the world, the band are ready to return to the stage with their latest and greatest full-length album, Only Ghosts. Produced by the legendary Ross Robinson (At The Drive In, The Cure, Slipknot, and many more) and mixed by Joe Barresi (Queens of the Stone Age, Kyuss, Melvins), Only Ghosts consists of 10 new tracks of the band’s signature, high-impact, hook-filled, hard rock. RED FANG prove once again they are top-notch songwriters who have mastered the heavy anthem without taking themselves too seriously. Only Ghosts is a rock album of incredible magnitude that demands to be played at maximum volume!
RED FANG is:
John Sherman – Drums
Aaron Beam – Bass, Vocals
David Sullivan – Guitar
Maurice Bryan Giles – Guitar, Vocals
Bio by Mark Moritz-Rabson
- Levitation Announce Relapse Records Official Showcase Relapse Records is proud to partner with LEVITATION in Austin TX for an official label showcase at Empire Control Room & Garage on November 9, 2019. Portland rockers RED FANG will headline with support from Miami’s TORCHE & Sweden’s MONOLORD. More bands will be announced soon. Stream RED FANG’s discography: Bandcamp HERE Spotify HERE Apple Music HERE. Stream TORCHE’s discography: Bandcamp HERE Spotify HERE Apple Music HERE. Stream MONOLORD’s discography: Bandcamp HERE Spotify HERE Apple Music HERE. OFFICIAL LINKS: RED FANG https://redfang.net/ https://facebook.com/redfangband https://www.instagram.com/redfangband/ https://twitter.com/redfang https://redfang.bandcamp.com/ TORCHE http://www.torchemusic.com/ https://www.facebook.com/torcheofficial https://www.instagram.com/torche_band/ https://twitter.com/torcheband https://torche.bandcamp.com/ MONOLORD https://www.instagram.com/monolordofficial/ https://www.facebook.com/monolordsweden/ https://twitter.com/MonolordSweden https://monolord.bandcamp.com/ LEVITATION FB Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/2325382904414526/ Website: http://levitation-austin.com/ FB: https://www.facebook.com/austinpsychfest/ IG: @levitation — https://instagram.com/levitation/ TW: @LEVITATION — https://twitter.com/LEVITATION
- RED FANG: Announce Summer European Headline Tour Dates Photo Credit: James Rexroad Portland rockers RED FANG announce headlining Summer European tour dates throughout June. The tour includes two festival appearances at Download Festival Madrid & Arsenal Festival. Tickets are on sale Wednesday at 10am CET. RED FANG Tour Dates: May 03: Los Angeles, CA Heavy Psych Sounds @ House of Machines May 04: San Francisco, CA Heavy Psych Sounds ...
- RED FANG: Announce The Second Leg Of US December Tour Dates W/ R.I.P. Portland, OR rockers RED FANG announce the second leg of their US headlining tour dates at the end of the year. The brief tour begins December 12nd in Eugene, OR and ends December 15 in Bellingham, WA. Support will be provided by R.I.P. on all four dates. The tour rounds up RED FANG’s Winter 2018 ...
- RED FANG: Share “Listen to the Sirens” (Tubeway Army Cover) Video via Kerrang; US Headlining Tour Begins Next Week Photo Credit: James Rexroad Portland, OR rockers RED FANG have shared a cover of the 1978 cult hit “Listen to the Sirens” originally performed by Gary Numan’s Tubeway Army. Watch the official music video directed by Ray Gordon on Kerrang! HERE. The music video which is a departure from RED FANG’s usual antics, showcases the band playing ...
- Psycho Las Vegas x Relapse Records 2018 Psycho Las Vegas 2018 kicks off Thursday, August 16th till August 20th and features Relapse current, alumni & affiliated bands RED FANG, INTEGRITY, S U R V I V E, PRIMITIVE MAN, UNEARTHLY TRANCE, INDIAN, COUGH, HIGH ON FIRE, BORIS, VOIVOID & GODFLESH! More info and tickets are available at http://bit.ly/PsychoRelapse18.